For everyday over the next few weeks, we will put the spotlight on a different residency specialty. Today's spotlight will be on Pathology. Please note that these are just aggregate statistics and your match results may vary.
Average 2014 statistics for US seniors who matched (average for all specialties in parenthesis):
STEP 1: 231 (230)
STEP 2: 241 (243)
Percent AOA: 11.0% (16.0%)
Percent PhD: 22.0% (3.9%)
Contiguous ranks to achieve > 95% match rate*: 5
Match rate: 98%
Source: Charting Outcomes in the Match, 2014
*See explanation here in prior post.
Top 10 Pathology residency programs:
1. Johns Hopkins University Program
2. Massachusetts General Hospital Program
3 (tie). Stanford University Program
3 (tie). Brigham and Women's Hospital Program
5. Washington University/B-JH/SLCH Consortium Program
6. Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (Rochester) Program
7 (tie). Cleveland Clinic Foundation Program
7 (tie). University of Michigan Program
9. University of California (San Francisco) Program
10. Vanderbilt University Program
Please visit doximity's website for their ranking methodology.